Teaser Tuesday




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:





  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
  • Share the title and author so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!




  • Darkness Of Light by Stacey Marie Brown

    Summary:

    Freak. Witch. Crazy. Schizo.

    Ember Brycin has been called them all. She’s always known she’s different. No one has ever called her normal, even under the best circumstances. Bizarre and inexplicable things continually happen to her, and having two different colored eyes, strange hair, and an unusual tattoo only contributes to the gossip about her.

    When the latest school explosion lands her in a facility for trouble teens, she meets Eli Dragen, who’s hot as hell and darkly mysterious. Their connection is full of passion, danger, and secrets. Secrets that will not only change her life, but what and who she is—leading her down a path she never imagined possible.

    Between Light and Dark, Ember finds a world where truth and knowledge are power and no one can be trusted. But her survival depends on finding out the truth about herself. In her pursuit, she is forced between love and destiny and good and evil, even when the differences between them aren’t always clear. At worst, she will incite a war that could destroy both worlds. At best, she will not only lose her heart but her life and everyone she loves. Once the truth is out, however, there will be no going back. And she’ll definitely wish she could.

    My Teaser:

    From e-book

    Scene 1: Pg.88
    ~
    Oh Holy Hell

    "You want to grab something here, Brycin?" he asked, bending over again.

    Um...yeah. Your ass.

    Joining in, I helped collect the rest of the harnesses.
    ~

    Scene 2: Pg. 160
    ~
    "Brycin," He said my name coolly. "I should know by now, you will always find me." I continued to stand there, my stubbornness willing me to stay. He struggled to put his frustration into words. "What is it going to take? Why don't you just go away and leave me in peace?" He turned towards me.

    "I could say the same for you," I quipped, crossing my arms, trying to block his hurtful words.

    A slight smile spread over his lips as he shook  his head. "You don't really want me to."

    Cocky and...true.

    Shit.

    It was exactly the reason I stood there now. "You don't really want me to either," I said, my voice quit, but strong. 
    ~

    So I honestly LOVE this book, those are just two random scenes I selected, but the book is amazing! 



    2 comments :

    1. Those two teasers were enough for me to add this book to my TBR pile. I'm looking forward to your review.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You should definitely give this book a try!(:

        Delete

     

    Grab our button!

    Total Pageviews

    Goodreads Challenge 2014

    2014 Reading Challenge

    2014 Reading Challenge
    Anastasia has read 7 books toward her goal of 100 books.
    hide

    Favorites::

    Anastasia's favorites book montage

    Vampire Academy
    The Host
    Remember Me
    Wake Unto Me
    Pretty Little Liars
    Angelique
    Seduced in the Dark
    If I Were You
    Night Game
    Hopeless
    Warm Bodies
    City of Glass
    This is Not a Test
    Earthbound
    A Game of Thrones
    The Sea of Tranquility
    Darkness of Light
    Ten Tiny Breaths
    Left Drowning
    Divergent


    Anastasia's favorite books »