Review: Soul Sucker by Kate Pearce

Soul Sucker by Kate Pearce 

Published: April 8th, 2012
Publisher: Carina Press

Series: Standalone
Format: E-book
Pages: 249

Genre: NA, Romance, Paranormal
Ages: 17+
Purchase*: Barnes and Noble/Amazon/

Add on Goodreads




Summary:

Supernatural Branch of Law Enforcement empath Ella Walsh sucks memories from people’s heads. The job fills her mind with others’ nightmares and leaves her with little time for love, but if she doesn’t pair off with a mate of the government’s choosing soon, the psychic blowback will destroy her powers and her sanity.



The last time shapeshifting SBLE superstar Vadim Morosov worked with an empath, he got her killed and himself assigned to a desk. He worries about taking on another partner, but helping Ella track down an empath killer might be his only chance to save his career.

Naturally, the government decides to throw them together…

They resist at first, but they can’t deny the simmering heat between them. As the killer’s strikes grow closer to home, their bond gets tighter. And when the murderer finally traps Ella, her developing link with Vadim might be the only thing that can save her.


Review:

   Soul Sucker is a story about Ella Walsh a 26 years Empath, she can take your memories away. She works for Supernatural Branch of Law Enforcement, where she tries to send creatures who break the laws back to Otherworld. Because she is an Empath, she doesn't have a long life line, because when Empath turns 27 they go insane, and most of the time commit suicide, and the only way to prevent it is to mate with someone that the government chooses for you. Ella is not a girl who will give up to government and mate to some random man. She come to except her future, it's not like she wants to die, she just wants to have a decision of her own. So if a big chance of going insane soon wasn't enough, now she also has a big case of catching a killer, who is killing of Empath's, but not just any, the ones she went to college with, she knows she is on his list too. She has to stop him before he kills all of them... Add to that, she got a sexy and cocky Vadim, who wants to help her out, more like needs to help her out, since if he doesn't solve the case and be professional about it, he will lose his job. He just has to catch a killer, and stay away from Ella. Well when Ella started to think about accepting her mate, she receives a letter about her future mate...and the last person she expected it to be was Vadim. She is so screwed. Now they have to find a killer and try to keep each other alive and employed(;
   Soul Sucker is a story I enjoyed, it was a fast read, and there were some good parts...but there were some bad parts too... Well let's start with the good...I loved Ella, she was a character that really kick-ass, and her attitude, I mean who doesn't love a girl with a little bit of a sexy attitude? I also liked Vadim, he is one mysterious ball of sexiness, even though at times it was frustrating as hell because of all the secrecy, I still loved his character. He is also caring and he always tries to help, even when Ella is too blind to see it.  I also love Vadim's  partner, Alexei! I mean he was something...like a enemy but at the same time a friend. He was send with Vadim to solve the case and "look  over" Vadim, okay well more like spy. Other characters were also pretty good. Now the bad... well I didn't really feel a lot of chemistry between Ella and Vadim. I felt like they were just with each other not because they wanted to, but because they have to. Also all of the secrecy about Vadim...I still don't get it? Like it didn't show anything resolving about him. Also the ending...I feel like it was to fast, like there should of been at least a couple more chapters. Anyways that is how I fell. I hope there will be a sequel to this book, because a lot of questions were left unanswered...
  Overall the book wasn't bad but it wasn't great. Something I would recommend if you want a fast read. i feel like more people will like it more than me, well give it a try.

Rating: 3.5 

Favorite Scene/Quote:

"Everything I have, all my powers, all my secrets are yours for taking, Ella. I can't keep you out. But you didn't want that, dd you, didn't want all of me because you've grown so afraid of living that you don't even see a lifeline when it's thrown at you- only another noose"
"That's not fair!"
"Life's not fair, Ella, but hey, why should that bother you? You've already given up."








2 comments :

  1. "One mysterious ball of sexiness" lol, that's exactly how I like me men. Vadim sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta admit, your review made me want to purchase this book lol not to mention the quotes at the end. I know you only rated it a 3.5 but the way you described it made me interested. Hopefully, there is a sequel because the unanswered questions you mentioned made me just a tad bit nervous.

    ReplyDelete

 

Grab our button!

Total Pageviews

Goodreads Challenge 2014

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Anastasia has read 7 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Favorites::

Anastasia's favorites book montage

Vampire Academy
The Host
Remember Me
Wake Unto Me
Pretty Little Liars
Angelique
Seduced in the Dark
If I Were You
Night Game
Hopeless
Warm Bodies
City of Glass
This is Not a Test
Earthbound
A Game of Thrones
The Sea of Tranquility
Darkness of Light
Ten Tiny Breaths
Left Drowning
Divergent


Anastasia's favorite books »